The Knoxville Ice Bears are proud to offer internships to any college student on track to earn a degree in Sports Management. You will be given key tasks in making the Knoxville Ice Bears organization one of the best in the SPHL.
Game Day Operations and Promotions Internship
Description of Knoxville Ice Bears:
The Knoxville Ice Bears are a professional hockey team from the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL.) We pride ourselves on creating a family fun and friendly atmosphere for all of our loyal fans at our facility. Established in 2002 and entering their 15th season, the Ice Bears are the longest tenured professional hockey team in Knoxville history.
Description of Position:
The Ice Bears are currently searching for passionate and hard-working individuals who have the desire to learn about Game Day Operations and Promotions. Game Day interns will assist the Game Operations Coordinator in the planning and execution of all aspects of Ice Bears home games. These individuals will be responsible for fulfilling the duties of running a successful game night and must have a professional and positive attitude while interacting with all Ice Bears fans and Coliseum Staff. We are looking for highly motivated individuals looking to gain experience and opportunity to work in the sporting industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the planning and execution of all Game Day responsibilities
· Oversee the Cub Club Zone and support the ticket sales department
· Run Fan Assistance Table, all intermission activities and an in-game promotional schedule
· Aid in the handing out of giveaways and prizes to fans involved in intermission activities as well as in-game promotions
· Responsible for setting up/breaking down all lobby tables for corporate partners and answering any questions fans or special guests may have
· Provide assistance with any pregame or postgame events
· Any other duties assigned by any member of the front office staff
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
· College undergraduate, grad student or high school senior on track to earn a degree
· Interns have the ability to receive college credit for their internship course requirements
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Must be willing to work long and flexible hours especially weekends and holiday hours
· Must be able to work the majority of the 28 home games
· Allowed one excused absence between December 16th – January 7th with proper notice.
· Previous sports experience is preferred but not required
· Must be punctual, responsible and willing to work with a team and assist staff members of all departments if needed.
· Ability to lift and transport a minimum of 25 lbs. Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
The Knoxville Ice Bears are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate towards an applicant’s race, age, sex, religion, ethnic background or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a detailed resume and cover letter to Kyle Hammer.